Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of First Grade


Today is the first day of school. Magoo is going to First Grade. I'm so excited I could burst!
(Above) Here's a little look back at the first day of pre-school and Kindergarten. Today he is wearing the green shirt and tan shorts.

We walked to school today, and as we got closer, Magoo met up with his buddy, O.


On the first day they have a ceremony on the blacktop. All the kids and parents have to find their grade and then we listen to the pledge and sing some patriotic stuff that haven't left these lips since I was in grade school. I think I sang 'My Country Tis of Thee.' It took no thought, it just came out. I think if I was in a coma, I could still sing 'My Country Tis of Thee.'

Here's Magoo with some of his buddies from last year.
And here he is with his class, ready to serpentine through the crowds on their way to the classroom.
I can't wait to hear how it all goes. But we already met his teacher and she seems great so I'm sure he's going to have a wonderful day. Well, at least a fine one.

3 comments:

Chicklebee said...

Boy oh boy! That kid has grown since we saw him last. He's turning into such a tall stringbean!

In the photos, he looks pretty happy to be back with his buddies. Love how he and "O" are holding hands on the way to school.

Can't wait to hear the outcome....

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great day so far. It seems so early for school to be starting!

Good luck in first grade Magoo!!

Robin said...

So sweet! What an exciting day, I hope it went well.

ps - love the new red front door in today's photo

pps - love the new header