Saturday, August 22, 2009

Loop-E-Doli


Author/Illustrator Aaron Zenz keeps a blog called: Chicken Nugget Lemon Tooty. (Catchy, right?) There he posts some of the choice examples of his eldest three kids' art. This month, he is celebrating three years of the blog by inviting others to be inspired by his children and re-doing one of their illustrations in one's own style.

I'm always up for something fun and inspiring. Above is my take on a piece of Lily's art, The Pigeon Finds Some Friends, that she made when she was four. Check it out.

I took some liberty with the setting, but I tried to keep the birds true to Lily's vision in color and shape.

All of the kids are amazing artists! Thanks to the Z-kids and their dad for sharing their art and inspiring others. You guys rock!

Update: As of Tuesday, Aug. 25th, this work has been included in the wonderful collection at Chicken Nugget Lemon Tooty. I'm so honored to be up there with so much great art. If you haven't checked it out, do - it will bring a smile to your face.


6 comments:

Shelley said...

Cute! I love their book review blog, bookiewoogie. The kids are quite amazing, aren't they? Love your birds!

Chicklebee said...

Love your new Ninja Woman picture! And the birds rock too! How come he didn't put it in his blog?

Julie_c said...

Well, I JUST finished it yesterday and I didn't know how to send it to him. I couldn't find a submission email anywhere - so I wrote a comment on his post and directed them to my blog if they are interested in posting it. Maybe they will. Maybe they won't. But I plan to put it in my November show so it's all good for me.

Z-Kids said...

Hi Julie --

This is wonderful! All kinds of wonderful!

Thanks so much -- I'll get it onto the site soon... I'm a bit behind, it'll probably be tuesday.

I know the kids will love it too - thanks for the gift of your time and attention!

We've read Wink and enjoyed it, by the way. Congrats! And hoping for many more for you!

All our best - AZ

Julie_c said...

Yea!

jmanu said...

Hi!
Great adaptation, love it!

PS. Nice header too :)