Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The New 'Do


My hair was getting long - like Cousin It long. Clearly, I needed a haircut.

For those of you who know me, I RARELY wear my hair down. My hair is like wild horses, wanting to run free. It will not hold a style if I wear it down. You might say, "But Julie, your author photo has your hair down." Yes. I will style it for professional photos. Otherwise it is in a bun or a braid.

But I wanted to be able to wear it down, so I walked to the corner hair salon armed with photos of Mary Louise Parker and Sandra Bullock and got a cut.

The New 'Do.
I had some layers put in and there are light bangs - which are on the shadow side of my face here. I did a little curling iron action when I got home because my hair still wants to roam free - but all in all I'm very pleased. It feels lighter and I'm enjoying having it bounce when I walk. And it's long enough so I can still pull it back when I want.

Thnak you Anna at Anna's Hair Perfection. Twenty-one bucks, baby!

8 comments:

äiti said...

Beauty!

Robin said...

Th new 'do is very pretty, although I always envied your long, long braid....

cynjay said...

Like it sooo much. I recently discovered hair products as in mousse and scrunch spray. I'm too impatient to blow dry, so just put in some product, scrunch and walk away.

Julie_c said...

Cyn - Anna, the lady who did it put some mousse in and scrunched. I went to Walgreens looking for some product and was a little overwhelmed by the choices. So I bought hairspray. I understand hairspray. But I'll figure a few things out in the next couple weeks.

Robin - I'm sure I'll have a long Rapunzel braid again someday. :) But hey - now there's nothing to envy!

Chicklebee said...

$10.95 wash, cut and dry at Fantastic Sam.... Beat that, lady! HA!

I love the new "do"! Very cute. Nothing makes a girl feel better than a new look and a good cut!

I always liked Anna... she'd given the boys and really great cuts over the years.

Natalie said...

Twenty-one bucks well spent, Julie! :-)

Heather said...

I love it! I have products you can have that my thick, wiry hair rejected.

Julie_c said...

Ooooh - free products!