Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Open Studio Weekend

This weekend I made up some postcards for the "art show," Hartford's Open Studio Weekend.
The organization provides us with postcards, but they don't feature any of my art so I usually make my own. That way people get a good sense of what I'm showing.

And I'm exciting to be able to show my book this year. So of course I have a bunch of ninja art, cards, and t-shirts to go along with it. It will be like Ninja-pa-looza!

Here's the show info:
November 14 &15th
11am - 5 pm
Artspace
555 Asylum Ave., Harford
I'll be in the third floor hallway. (I'm hoping by the window, but I haven't received my placement yet.)

You may be asking, "What is Open Studio Weekend?"

Open Studio Weekend is like a big indoor arts and crafts show. ArtSpace is a four-story building that houses visual and performing artists. Many of them open their studios up for the weekend so people can come in, see how they live, and many of them will have their art up too. Artists who live elsewhere, like me, can rent wall space. So the halls are filled with artists as well. And crafters - there's always a ton of jewelry and scarves and good gifties.

There's a main gallery on the first floor. There's usually some live music and many people put out food. One of the local bakeries brings pies to promote Thanksgiving orders. Man, I LOVE IT when they bring pies!!!

Kids are welcome - especially at my area because I have lots of fun art for kids. (And candy!)

Parking is across the street at the train station.

So if you're in the area, stop on by. It's a fun event and I'd love to see you!

2 comments:

cynjay said...

Dangit! How much are tickets to Harford? I totally want to come and spend $$!

Julie_c said...

Maybe some day you can fly over in your private jet! :)