Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween


The day before Halloween, I finally got off my duff and carved the pumpkin. Every year I dread doing it. I do not enjoy the scooping of the guts. Then, once that part is over, I can have my fun. This year, since the movie came out, I decided to do Where The Wild Things Are. I'm a newbie when it comes to the shading part - but I thought it turned out pretty well.

Then it was THE DAY! Magoo went as Indiana Jones! (Cue music) Da-da-DA-duh, Da-da-DUH...

We have been SO LUCKY in West Hartford. We have had mild nights for trick-or-treating for, like, three years now, and last night was just lovely. We even had a full moon.

And since I was safe from the sun - I could show my true vampire self!!! Mwaaa-ha-ha! See how I put my son in a trace. Actually he's thinking, Please stop taking pictures of me.

I hung back and let Indie and Harry and Harry have a great time running from house to house. Magoo kills me because he can't eat candy, but that doesn't mean he won't debate - endlessly -between a Snickers and a bag of M&M's if given the choice.

When we got home, I took the candy and traded it for a big lemon cookie. He was quite the happy camper.

I hope you all good Halloweens too!


5 comments:

Chicklebee said...

Looks like you guys have a pretty great Halloween too! LOVE little Indie! He really looks great!
Off to the doctor this a.m. with Thing 2.... our first case of strep of the season....

Julie_c said...

Poor Thing 2! I hope he feels better.

Jessica said...

You definitely win the coolest pumpkin award this year! I love it!
Have you seen the movie yet?

Magoo looks so fantastic as Indie, whip it good!! and I can hardly believe that scary looking lady is you;)

Chicklebee said...

So I guess you weren't going for the Rosalie or Alice vampire look, eh?

Julie_c said...

No way, man. My vamp doesn't sparkle! Besides, i don't have the budget for a Cullen wardrobe.