Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The First Big Snow

They said it was gonna storm and storm it did. We woke up this morning to about 4" of snow, followed by rain. (It's raining right now.) Guess what that means? No school! And I know one happy camper that was eager to jump around in the white stuff.


I decided to bake some cookies because what's better than watching the snow fall while the smell of baked goods wafts through the house? Nothing, right? So we had to wait for those to finish and then the rain started up. I explained that maybe we could go out in the afternoon because rain is no fun to play in, but the little guy got on his snow pants and coat anyway. How could I resist?! There's no stopping a 6-year-old boy on a snow day! So I said we could go out for a little while.

His agenda was snowballs, snowballs, and more snowballs.

And when his little wrists got too wet and raw to stand it, we came back inside.

Now he's playing video games while I putz around trying to get a little cleaning and work done.

1 comment:

Ă„iti said...

Yay! My guys were wistful seeing Cam in the snow. Our overnight snow turned to ice and by the time we woke up it was pouring rain.