Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Post of 2010

We're all back in our groove now. Magoo is back to school. Mike is back to the office. And I'm putting some hours in at the art table. But we did squeeze one more sledding day in on the last day of vacation.

Here are my cool sledding dudes. (I have permission to post this pic of Mike. I guess he's comfortable with his nose being exposed.)


We have a lovely little park a couple blocks from our house where we sled. If the snow is fluffy, you stop 40 feet from the trees. But the snow was packed down so Magoo made it all the way across the field ...

Then he hit the tree ...

Then he rolled off the sled...

Then he declared victory over the tree!

I don't know how many runs we did, but after awhile Magoo pooped out. He sat by a tree and rested while Mike and I had a few more go's.


Then we all went home.

I don't really do resolutions but I do have a few goals for 2010:
1. finish illustrations for Wink 2.
2. sell Secret Project
3. sell some new picture book project - or at least get one ready to present
4. work on home budget

Those are the big ones. The first one is going to be done by Spring so that's less of a goal and more of what I'll be working on for the next few months. And I'm already working on the budget. We're not in any dire straits, but I feel I should have a better handle on where the money is going. It also helps me to not buy a bunch of crud I don't need.

But I would like some of these - so I have to save up my Amazon g-certs.

And I won't spill the beans about the Secret Project until it's sold. It's bad luck. Unless you see me, then I'll tell you. And if you already know me, then you probably know. But it's bad luck to tell on my blog. It just is! But here's a clue.

Happy 2010!

2 comments:

Ă„iti said...

Love love love the last shot of Magoo.

Good luck with the resolutions and happy (future) clogging!

Heather said...

I love secrets. I love this secret extra.