Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gearing Up


It's the last day of February break. To say I'm mentally tired is an understatement. I do best when there is a decent chunk of alone/quiet time in my day. I haven't had a solid chunk of quiet since a week ago Friday. Boo-frickin-hoo, right? I know. I'm spoiled. Still - it's the greese in my wheels. It's makes me less squeaky.

Here's what we've been doing: sledding, playdates, sitting around, karaoke, making board games, watching the Olympics, and watching season 4 of The Simspons.

Here's what I've been doing whenever I get a chance: watching Season 1 of Dexter and reading The Hunger Games. Both AWESOME!

Here's what I haven't been doing: working. Well, working on Wink. I've been doing a lot of cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands, bills, etc.

But starting tomorrow I need to hop back on the Wink horse in a SERIOUS way - which will be difficult because I am out of my groove. But I bought a box of cookies and some dark chocolate at Trader Joe's and Lady Gaga's ready to blast out of my iTunes. That oughta get me on the right track.

2 comments:

Ă„iti said...

Gearing up with intention and awareness can help a lot!! Good luck climbing back on the horse :-)

We gave a young friend a copy of Wink yesterday as a bday gift. It is a truly wonderful book!

Julie_c said...

Thanks Aiti!