Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Crafty Happenings

Today I, er...the Easter Bunny...stuffed the plastic eggs for the Friday Hunt. The bunny put in some toys and then had an idea. Wink stickers! I had bought some printable sticker paper at Staples a while ago and never used it. So I made a sheet and printed and cut them out. Voila! Stickers! So I gave them to the bunny and bunny tucked them away. Will the kids be excited as I am? Doubtful. Then again ... stickers!

It's been nearly two years since I picked up the chicken fabric at a tag sale, but I have FINALLY made my own apron!


I haven't even worn it yet. It looks so nice on the dummy, I just have it standing in the dining room this way.

The pattern is from Lotta Jandotter's Simple Sewing, and it's reversible. Not that I'll go that way. It's all about the chickens for me.

In other news:
FINALLY it has stopped raining. Man - it's like Noah's country around here. There's been a ton of flooding in the state - fortunately our mighty sump pump kept our basement dry. Go $300 sump pump!

I continue to glue Wink 2 down. I use a spray adhesive so that I get a strong even coat w/o puckering. But the stuff is nasty toxic. It's important to have good ventilation so I glue on the sunporch and open the screen door - even if it's raining. But yesterday I went one step beyond and made myself a little cloth surgical mask. Helpful? Who knows. Funny looking? Most definitely.

My 500th post is fast approaching. (I think this is #492) and I have a contest planned. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Äiti said...

Congrats on the dry basement, truly.

Yes on the mask. I'm sure it makes a difference.

Cute on the stickers :-)

Nice on the apron!

Chicklebee said...

I hope we score some of those super AWESOME Wink stickers!!!!!

500th post - give away that awesome chicken apron.... to ME! ;-)

婉亞 said...

thank u........................................

ang said...

Wow I wanna sticker. Those are so cute. I am also loving that chicken fabric apron.

Shelley said...

I just got that book about a month ago and I've only had time to make one thing. The apron is next on my list though. Lovely. Yours turned out quite nice. :)