Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring WAS in the Air


The weather has been gorgeous. GOR-geous. Sure, it's yucky today and it's not going to be a great week - but over the weekend it was in the 70's and it was fabulous.

I got some much-needed yard work done, I'm almost finished with Wink 2, AND I wore my new girly-twirly wrap skirt.

I made this about a month ago. The pattern is from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross and the fabric is Amy Butler's Tree Peony (Ivory.) This isn't a difficult skirt to make - but it does require quite a bit of fabric and it asks that you hem it with a hand stitch - so that takes a little time. It's very swishy and fun to wear and I'm pleased with how it turned out. Truth be told - I like to wear things on my hip as opposed to my waist - so I might try to make a modified version with an elastic wait to wear lower. Still - it was the perfect thing to wear to celebrate the pocket of Spring that came our way.