Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Fox and The Crow

Believe it or not, it's time for me to start getting ready for Open Studio Weekend in Hartford in November. I have to send in my registration and they are looking for images for the flyers/postcards/webpage etc.

I think I'm going to focus on fables this year and my first piece is The Fox and the Crow. If you'll remember, Ms. Crow has swiped herself some cheese and Mr. Fox wants it. He compliments her singing and asks if she'll sing a song for him. Flattered as she is, she opens her beak to sing, drops the cheese, and Fox strolls off with it. The moral: Beware of Flatterers.
Or maybe Mr. Fox likes dinner theater.

Personally, I like crows. And I LOVE how my crow turned out.

Some of the paper is pure black card stock, other bits I painted in blacks,blues and purples to give the feathers their shiny gleam.

Are there other fables with crows?

6 comments:

ang said...

I love that crow! Are you submitting images for the show website and/or are you submitting your website on the registration form? Are you doing mostly collage for the show?

Chicklebee said...

One Crow Sorrow, Two Crows Joy
Three crows a Letter, Four crows Boy
Five Crows silver, Six crows Gold
Seven crows a secret never to be told.

Julie_c said...

Oooooooo - seven crows!!!

Ă„iti said...

love the fables theme :-)

Chicklebee said...

Lost? Please Discuss!!!!!

Julie_c said...

OK. LOST.

Um, what I've heard so far from all the cast members is that it's not going to be what anyone thinks it's going to be. So here's what I think:
1. Smokey must die. I don't know how but I wouldn't be surprised if Jack and Smokey either go back down the hole together or Jack takes Smokey out and Ben blows up the island.
2. I have NO IDEA how the sideways world and Desmond's plan intersect into Island reality - but I bet it's going to be really, really cool!
3. I'm betting Juliet is ex-Mrs. Jack Shepard in sideways world. I hope we get to see her again. I miss her.
4. Basically I'm just super excited!!!