Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Adventure Bags

Magoo is getting together with his cousins, J & Z, and hitting the woods so I thought it would be fun if they had their very own adventure bags. (Z is only a wee one so hers is less adventure and more fun.)

I used a pattern for repurposing jeans that I found here. And I lined the bags with the Eric Carle fabric I purchased at the Eric Carle Museum.

Both boys got dots. And little Miss Z got the Hungry Caterpillar.

I filled the bags with sketch books, markers, bug collecting jars, and tweezers. I'm sure the kids will discover many wonderful bugs, rocks, and leaves. At least I hope so.

In other news: The bagels were a big hit with Magoo. I made 6 and today there's only 1 1/2 left. So I made another batch. This time I baked them for 13 minutes on each side. I haven't cut into them yet b/c I literally just pulled them out of the oven - but the color is marvelous!

4 comments:

Äiti said...

Cute bags and yay for the bagels!

ang said...

Oh how much do I love that Eric Carle fabric. I am happy I have Eden so I have an excuse to make something. Thank goodness for the never-ending supply of young relatives and friends eh?
They are awfully cite bags!

Chicklebee said...

I wondered what you were going to do with that fabric ;-) Those are brilliant! The kids are going to have a blast!

姿吟姿吟 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。.................................................................