Wednesday, July 21, 2010

KOI ON TV

Harvey Pekar died last week. I can't say I was a huge fan of his comic, American Splendor, but I loved the movie and I can appreciate the challenge of taking your life as a file clerk and making it interesting enough for publication and success.

So, inspired by Mr. Pekar, and wishing to improve my black-and-white skills, I will try to illustrate a few moments around here from time to time.

Hmmmm? Should I have a title? How about a working title of West Hartford Splendor? My Life in Black and White? Any ideas out there?

Anyway - here's a little moment from last Sunday. KOI ON TV






5 comments:

Ă„iti said...

LOVE this. Love love love.

Angela said...

You have seen koi before ha!
I must say I loved Pekar's comics. I think your Koi on TV was great! It reminds me of his work.

theperegrinpages said...

This is gonna be awesome. Can't wait for more.

Okay, here are my ideas for titles:

Ninja Woman or Ninja Mom works well
Magoo and Me
Suburban Ideal

But whatever you call it, I love it already.

Jay said...

love your new glasses.

Jay said...

love your new glasses.