Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blue Lobster a.k.a. Rock Lobster


It's been awhile since I painted. I'd been meaning to get back to it for months and I had been meaning to painting this lobster for months but I just didn't have the time. But the art show is coming and I knew I had to get back on the art-wagon so I invited my buddy Angela, who is also a watercolor painter and who also is doing the show, to come over on Tuesday evenings so we both could carve out some time to paint.

Success.

After three evenings and a little solo time, I finished it. Ang likes to call it Rock Lobster. I think that will be it's unofficial nickname.

3 comments:

Ă„iti said...

That is really beautiful. At first glance, I thought it was an incredibly vivid color photograph!

Angela said...

I love love love myself some Rock Lobster. He is a cutie! Seriously Julie your painting is beautiful and unique! And thanks to you and your help, I am inspired to get some more paintings done. Now if I can just get Eden to sleep . . . .
Later, Mamacita

Anonymous said...

Is this painting for sale? If so email me at ashleybent@hotmail.com