Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Linger - More Stop-Motion Animation




Keeping in the theme of stop-motion animation - here's what started it all for me. Maggie Stiefvater, author of Shiver and Linger, makes these beautiful stop-motion trailers for her books. Yes, that's right - it's not enough to write a published book anymore. One must also come up with a trailer for it.

Since Wink's illustration tends to lend itself to this type of animation, I've spent the last 2 weeks working on a stop-motion trailer of my own: concept, cutting paper, filming, mistakes, reshoots, music selection, etc. It's quite a project. I just finished my second full re-shoot today and now I'm uploading it into the Mac to see how it all came out.

Hopefully it will be finished soon and I can show you, but for now, I hope you enjoyed Maggie's excellent trailer. (The book's really good too.)

No comments: