Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Second Grade


He's there. Right at this moment he's in second grade. I can hardly believe it.

Magoo was up at 6:30 this morning. Usually I have a no-TV-until-you're-ready-for-school rule but since he was up early and dying to watch Cyber-Chase, I let him. I had to finish my yoga anyway. His mood was normal. He didn't seem overly hyped about school. He may have been suppressing it. As he gets older he likes to show less emotion about things. But he seemed psyched when he were on the road.

We met up with some buddies on the corner and he showed off his muscle chest back-pack.

The closer we got to school, the more kids joined in the parade.

The school always does a big first day ceremony where the principal speaks (but we couldn't hear b/c the speakers weren't loud enough), the kids recite the Pledge of Allegiance (which I still remember, woo-hoo!), and then they raise the flag (which took forever because they had all the new students come up and each give one pull. BAD idea.)

Here's Magoo giving me a final wave before he marches off into his new classroom.


And here's the annual first day of school shot on the front stairs.


I wish I had a good closing line here - but looking at these pics and how's he's grown - I find myself a little amazed and without words.


3 comments:

Ă„iti said...

Second grade, wow. Congrats to you, mama, he looks great!

Angela said...

What a big boy! I can't believe he is in second grade. I love the 'thumbs up'. I was in back so I didn't see the one pull per child deal.
PS Dexter is coming via Netflix today!

Robin said...

Holy cow, he is getting so tall. Congrats Magoo (and Mom too) and PS, love the backpack.