Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

It was my birthday on Tuesday. Mother Nature gave me the gift of a GORGEOUS day! 70's. Colorful. Light breeze. Perfection. (Thanks MG!) Normally I would be working, getting this and that done. But we were having new windows installed so I had no choice but to go outside, chill on my hammock, and read a book. (Poor me!)

But I insist on having cake on my birthday - everyone must! So I made a cake0-ish treat. Double decker brownies with coconut/honey frosting in between.


Pop a little fresh homemade coconut ice cream on top - OH BABY!


I wanted Dansko clogs and I got 'em! That was Mike's gift to me. Magoo picked out the socks. Aren't they just the best socks ever?


And it will please you all to know that the unicorn joke lives on.

My friend, Jessica, gave me this:


Yes, I have an awesome Parts of a Unicorn T-shirt. This pic is from the Perpetual Kids site, but it's the exact T-shirt. (Mine is in the wash.)

And she got me this:

This is what it says on the back of the box:

OMG unicorns are so freakin' magical!
I love their beautiful manes and those
crazy horns coming out of their heads.
Chew this gum and you'll totally poop
sunshine just like them!!!!

Thanks so much for all the cards, gifts, and good wishes (via Facebook.) I am lucky to have so many fabulous friends and family. I am always blown away by the generosity and good humor my peeps throw at me and I hope to always whip it right back at them!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Julie! You kick a**!
Hey I think I smell some jaunty unicorn socks coming your way!
Ang

Heather said...

Oh, now it is ON. I am going on a unicorn hunt for xmas...

Jessica Franz said...

Oh geeze, I think I reignited the flame. Glad you had an awesome birthday:)

Julie_c said...

Yeah Jess, thanks for that!!!