Friday, October 29, 2010

Lil' Scary Monsters

A few days ago my buddy Angela posted about making clay beasties with her kids. It looked like SO MUCH FUN I had to rip the idea off completely and do it with Magoo and his friends.

And as fun as little clay beasties are in and of themselves, I thought it might be even MORE fun to add a haunted house.


Monster Roll-Call!
Here we have the Bride of Frankenstein and Kirby. (On day 2 of clay beasties, the characters got less scary and more video game oriented.)


Ghost and Alien. (The ghost is a direct rip off of Angela's awesome ghosts.)


And Wolfman and Emerging Zombie. (I'm particularly pleased with how the skull on the tombstone came out.)


I think it's safe to say that I had just as much - if not more - fun than the boys making these. I could have gone on and on. But I think this may simply be Year 1 of Beastie-making. I have to leave some creepy critters for next year, I suppose.

So thanks to you, Ang, for the awesome idea!

And here's just a shot of the house in it's poster board cut-out form, to give you an idea of how to make one.


1 comment:

Angela said...

How much do I love your beasties! They aren't a 'rip'! I got my idea to use clay from you! Your Bride of Frankenstein is to die for. The photo does not do your haunted house justice. It is awesome!
I am seeing all kinds of thanksgiving and christmas villages in the future. Those are super cool Julie.