Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ninja Attack!


I don't know if there will ever be an official plush version of Wink, but I'd been wanting to make my own stuffed ninja for awhile now. But sometimes you need a good kick in the butt before the wanting becomes doing.

A coupon kicked me in the butt.

I got a 40% off coupon for Borders, so I went to the craft section and just started looking around. Through my meandering I found a few books on stuffed animals and I found a pattern I could alter to make a ninja. In all honesty, I probably could have made this pattern myself - but I don't really make dolls and I haven't worked with cotton jersey much. (Its stretchy!) Sometimes it's better to follow someone else's rules for the first couple times before you fly solo. So that's what I did.

My ninjas very soft and very cute. They are ever-so-eager to run and hide in the bushes or behind your toys - they're stealthy like that. Right now there are only two - but I will make more. Magoo wants me to make Master Zutsu for him. Hmmm. Master Zutsu will be a challenge. (Oh come on - you know I'm totally going to make it for him.)

Right now, the ninjas are being very good and sitting on the shelf, patiently waiting to go to Open Studio Weekend in November, where they will hopefully be squeezed and loved and taken home.


5 comments:

Heather said...

Aaaagh! I lurve them!

Angela said...

I lurve them too. Maybe you should make Kidnapper and that Woeful Liar-I can see an adult Wink story with those too. You are right at some poing wanting means just going ahead and doing it.

Heather, my brother says 'lurve' too! You are both crazy! ;)

ella@lifeologia said...

These are the coolest!
lurve them too ;)

Heather said...

I lurve me some crazy, Angela! I can't wait to see your watercolors at the show :)

Julie_c said...

Heather - if you want a peak at what Ang has been up to she has a fabulous blog:
www.peachcoglo.typepad.com
It's in my blogroll.