Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Magoo's assignment for the week was to make a clothespin Native American or Pilgrim. As you can see, he chose a Native American. I LOVE this kind of assignment. It completely validates my lifestyle. Need some beads - I've got some right here. Need some feathers - hold on a sec - got 'em! Paint? Fabric? Hot glue? Check - check- check. And it all adds up to a little piece of awesomeness. Gush!

But even though Magoo made a Native American - he clearly knows what a pilgrim is. As we walked home one afternoon, he told me this:

A pilgrim is a dude that has a hard journey and wants freedom.

I was dying. I had to repeat it several times so that I could copy it word-for-word when I got home.

In other news - it is Opposite Day at school today. In addition to wearing his sweatshirt inside out, Magoo wanted me to make his hair go up instead of down.

I don't know how long it will last - but he's pretty pleased with it.

I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels if you're hitting the road or air!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love it. Doran dismantled his Native American. Elijah and Helena said similar things about pilgrims. I didn't share my Howard Zinn version of the pilgrims because they did go through a lot and the kids are 6.
I love Magoo's hair!
Have a fun and safe holiday! Time for me to get cooking!

ella@lifeologia said...

So cool and the hair is crazy.

By the way, I'm having a giveaway on my blog that I think you will like:
http://www.lifeologia.com/giveaway-announcement/