Monday, November 8, 2010

Leaf Pile


What's autumn without a big leaf pile?

Magoo had one of his buddies over last week and I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone by raking a big leaf pile for them to play in ...


... and then I'd bag it and put it on the curb. Well, guess which part of the plan didn't happen?


But the playing in the pile was really the most important part of that plan anyway. Right?!

In other news -

UG - I'm sick! On Thursday I felt a huge cold descend on me. My nose transformed into a faucet and my energy went down the tubes. I missed the opening night of the gallery show - which, in all honestly, was no big deal for me. I don't like going to those things. They are loud and crowded. But my friend Angela went so check it out.

I took all of Friday off and sat on the couch and watched Seasons 2 & 3 of Big Love. By Saturday I was feeling better and by Sunday my energy was back up. Groovy, right?! Let's get back to the grindstone.

Not so fast.

This morning I woke up and something was declaring war on my stomach. I don't know if I ate something (although everyone else feels fine) or if I caught some stomach bug - but the first hour of my day found me resting on my bathroom floor. (You know what I'm talking about.) After awhile I felt better and I've been semi-functional today. I got Magoo and the boys into school, I made my signs for the art show, I colored my hair, and I worked on my writing a bit. I also sipped a lot of water, ate two bananas and a small bowl of soup, and took as many naps as possible.

I hate being sick. It blows. But it's better that it hits me this weekend and not next.

I feel confident that tomorrow will be better than today, but I can tell you one thing: there will be no Jillian Michael's Shred this week. No way.

5 comments:

Ă„iti said...

Glad you're starting to feel better. Did you enjoy Big Love? xo

Julie_c said...

I LOVE Big Love! I haven't finished Season 3 though - Nikki has herself in quite pickle.

Natalie said...

Aw, feel better soon, Julie!

Julie_c said...

Thanks Natalie - I'm already on the mend. But I'm sticking to a bland food diet today.

Angela said...

I hope you feel better. You sure did do a lot while you were sick. I think I would have just laid on the floor feeling sorry for myself!
Feel better soon!

Ang