Thursday, December 2, 2010

WIP: Creepy Crawly Quilt


I don't know if I've posted about this before, but I've started a quilt. Seems like every 10 years or so I get a hankerin' to make a quilt. But this is only my second quilt so it's not a true pattern of time yet. We'll see what happens in another 10 years.

I decided to make a quilt featuring embroidered insects for Magoo because:
A.) It gives me something to do (embroider) while sitting in the waiting room for gymnastics.
B.) Insects are cool.

The patterned fabrics are all from Joel Dewberry. I think I got them off of Etsy. Then I went to Joann's and bought the solids.

I laid everything out yesterday and figure I'll need fourteen insects in all. Nine are complete so I have to power through the last five.

Will I finish before Christmas? Doubtful. But we'll see.





3 comments:

Ă„iti said...

Love the patterned fabric and embroidered bugs. They match nicely. Good luck!

Angela said...

I am loving those insects. You are one great talent!

Julie_c said...

Thanks. I was pretty psyched to lay out the top half. It feels like I accomplished a little something.