Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty


The other night I was working on the computer and Magoo came up to me and said, "Mom, can you help me make a trap for Java?"

Well, how could I turn that down.

So I sent him off to find a string and a stick. I fetched a basket. Then we set it up, put some cat food under the basket, and waited. It was a little like this:


And here's what happened:


D'oh! The basket wasn't big enough! We were able to try it one more time, but then Java caught on. It must have been KILLING her to be so close to food and not be able to get it, but her instinct not to be caught was stronger than the desire to be a chow-hound.

And if you think we're being a little mean to our dear sweet cat, all I can tell you is that she has this teeny bit of annoyance coming to her.



5 comments:

Abbie said...

That is awesome! What a creative little guy you have to think up that fun idea. Bummed it didn't work out but still funny and a great experiment anyway.

Julie_c said...

Thanks Abbie. You know his interest in the cat comes and goes. Right now he and his friends are kinda fascinated by her. It's kinda like adults with babies - they want to win their affection so badly. Cats don't just give it out like dogs. But I think Java understands that Magoo loves her - or - at least that he doesn't want to hurt her. She's pretty tolerant of his "love."

Angela said...

Pobrecita! Well she is smart one though. That was a pretty funny experiment!

JET said...

Love the video. Made me think of the game Mouse Trap.

I love that Far Side comic.

Julie_c said...

That's a good idea, JET - we should totally do a more "mouse trap" Rube Goldberg inspired trap!