Friday, January 28, 2011

Snow, Snow, More Snow


It snowed again Wednesday night into Thursday morning. So we all woke up, watched the news, saw the school was closed, and got to shoveling. But first I snapped a few pictures because the backyard is a little unbelievable.

(Above) The snow is up past the bottom of the tire swing.

There are many times I've looked into my backyard and though UGGO! But it sure is pretty now. Especially in the morning when the snow is all blue and purple.

(Below) Look at the table. That's the accumulation of snow so far this year. It's looks like a triple layer vanilla cake! I went back and knocked a lot off of it. I was afraid the weight was going to crack the table.


Mike shoveled for about 90 minutes. I shoveled for about 90 minutes. Then later, after the snowplow went by again, I had to shovel out the driveway for another 20. But we got it done. And, I have to admit, shoveling isn't too bad when the sun starts shining and the temp picks up a bit. It's a chore - no doubt - especially when there's no place to put the snow and you have to walk shovels of it over to some place that isn't piled up 5 ft tall already, but it's pretty, and sometimes a good crisp air feels good int he lungs.


And then Magoo got out and worked on his snow fort.


If it were up to me, I think I'd be done with snow. Maybe let this melt down for a couple weeks, then give us a weekly snowfall of 2-3 inches. That'd be good. But, alas, I am not Mother Nature and I hear more snowstorms are on the way. Eesh.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love your tire swing photo with the surrounding trees and dark light. I don't think any of this is going to melt. It is a beast trying to look around those snowbanks, luckily Maxium Children II is a tall van.

Julie_c said...

Ug - Angela - I know EXACTLY what you mean. I slowly pull out of my driveway in the morning and pray no one is coming down the street!