Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Joke Lives On...

Did you know I love unicorns? Well, I don't. But I am surround by funny people who LOVE to keep this joke alive. It popped up at my birthday too.

My buddy Heather got me these lovelies for Christmas.


The large tin is a bank. You see, I'm saving up for a unicorn! The side of the bank suggests that if you can't afford a unicorn perhaps one might take some medication and tape a paper towel role to a cat's head. It's nice to know that they give you a plan B.

Then, Charlie gifted me a book.


I actually do kinda dig zombies - so this one is JUST PERFECT!
Here's the cover art sans dust jacket.


Looks to me like the zombies are kicking some serious unicorn butt! I do love the rainbows that are just thrown about.

Here's a black and white from the inside:


The zombie has removed the unicorns horn and stabbed the creature with it. Who knew zombies were so resourceful!

So thank you to my hilarious friends and family. Someday, when I die, people will come into my house, go through my things, and see my unicorn collection. Then they will carve the mythic creature on my tombstone with the saying: Here lies Julie - who truly loved unicorns.

Then I will haunt you all.

6 comments:

Ă„iti said...

OMG that book is hilarious...

Angela said...

Ha! That is too funny! You know I have some unicorn ideas for you too!

Heather said...

Angela--let's meet for drinks and hatch a Uni-plan...

Julie_c said...

Revenge is a dish best served cold, ladies.

Angela said...

Don't worry about her Heather. We can get our uni-plan together in no time. Oh the possibilities. She'll never recover quickly enough to get back at us!

Shelley said...

Love Unicorns or not, that book is really awesome!