Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's Not Easy Bein' Green Legwarmers!!!


I finished my legwarmers!

When I first started knitting in October, it was all about the finished product for me. I wanted to see what I was making - have things. I can sew a project much faster than I can knit one - so there was an urgency about completing things.

Now I know that I like to have something on my needles at all times - so I can sit and knit when I'm watching TV or chatting with Heather or on a long car ride. So it's not so much that I'm working on something that I can finish quickly, but rather, something I can enjoy knitting and is easy enough for me to knit socially.

These legwarmers were perfect for that. The pattern, here on Ravelry, was very easy to follow and very easy to see when I had made a mistake so I could correct it.

(Detail)

This was the first time I worked on double-pointed needles and I have to admit: NOT a love story. Ug - so pokey! It's like knitting with a porcupine in my hands! So I bought a small US5 9" circular needle for the second legwarmer. And - while working with such tiny needles is a challenge all on its own - I liked it a lot better.

Now I just get to go out and relive the 80's in my rockin' legwarmers!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Awesome! I love them!

Julie_c said...

Thanks Ang. Now I'm onto my first HAT!!!