Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NinjaWoman/KnittingWoman



Yeah! I finished my first hat!

I wanted a light, airy white beret to go with a couple white summer sweaters that I have. I found a pattern on Ravelry (Is there anything better for knitters than Ravelry? Talk about a website that works!) and got started.

Being a knitting newbie, this pattern had some challenges for me. I had to frog the whole thing twice. But whereas once my whole knitting purpose was to have a product - now I'm embracing the process of knitting, learning, and making something right. And even with all my restarts - the whole thing only took me about two weeks. Since the legwarmers took me a month EACH - this knit up quick as lightning!

I can't link to the original pattern on Ravelry b/c you have to be a member, but for those who are, it's called the Gwen Slouch beret.

Now I'm thinking about gifts for next winter. It's good to have something on the needles at all times. :)


4 comments:

Ă„iti said...

Very nice!

Angela said...

Love that! You are so fast too!

Heather said...

love, love, love :)

Julie_c said...

Thanks guys - I love my groovy little beret.