Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Art Class: Review


The end is near.

Well, the end of the school year, that is. I feel a lot of people are in a reflective state right now so I thought I'd jump on board with a review of some of the things the boys and I accomplished during our Sunday Morning Art Classes.

Top: figure drawing, rock painting, sequential story telling
Middle: "stained glass" panels, t-shirt printing, clay magnets
Bottom: origami boats, nature drawing, watercolor landscape

I'm quite impressed with how well the boys did during the watercolor lesson. If we start up again, I'll definitely do more of that. That's not to say that didn't do well at everything I threw at them - they did! But watercolor can be challenging, so my expectations were low. And they certainly shouldn't have been b/c the boys ROCKED IT!

For now, Magoo and I will continue to work on drawing throughout the summer as part of our "summer school" and my friend Heather is GUNG HO to learn watercolor so there will be some informal lessons there.

In other news:

It is beautiful today. I am reading one of my crit partners full manuscript so I will try to take it out in the front yard and enjoy Mother Nature along with a good read.

My hair has started to grow out again, so I'm off to Anna's Hair Perfection to get it snipped and shaped.

I'm in the middle of season two of Californication. I'm really digging it, but it's not a show Magoo can watch, so I'll finish the final disc up in the next 3 days and then it's bye-bye pay-cable TV until next fall.

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Art class was so awesome. The boys (and I) loved it--thank you, thank you, thank you! Once I'm done with work this week I can pop out to pick up the exciting thank you gift I have in mind--yee haw!

wowaccountforsale said...

Whoa, those kids are really talented I must say! For their age drawing that piece of awesomeness btw I read comics so I know, they have a bright future marrying arts. wow account for sale

Angela said...

That class was great! The kids did a wonderful job and their teacher was awesome too!