Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Bike Ride


On Saturday (which was not Father's Day, I know, but it was like pre-Father's Day) Mike, Magoo, David Brudz, and his boys: Curly and Mo (and me, the sole female) decided the day was perfect for a bike ride around the reservoir.

(Above) I was coasting along the back taking photos as I rode. Good thing I didn't hit any rocks!

We saw a TON of critters, starting with a black snake, a deer, an egret, some dragonflies (which the boys caught) and this chipmunk. There were actually a bunch of skittering chipmunks, but this is the only little guy who stood still for a photo.



I had to take some photos of the wildflowers, naturally.


I don't know what either of these are called.

We did a bit of mountain biking this time around. I have a pretty green road bike with a lovely basket on the front. It's perfect for cruising through the streets of Paris with a baguette sticking out of the front basket, not for plowing through rocks - but I made due.

The boys did great through the rough terrain. Curly had a minor wipe out - but nothing he couldn't "walk off." Magoo is so good on his bike we're thinking he's ready for gears.

It was certainly a lovely day for a bike ride.


Hope you all had a good Father's Day and a great weekend.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Ah very nice. I am not sure I have even seen that part of the resevoir.

Heather said...

Thanks for the picture from the ride. They had a great time :)