Friday, July 8, 2011

A Company of Gannets


This is a painting I had been working on for awhile. Wait, that's not exactly right. I started it a couple months ago then I put it aside. After I snapped some bird pics in Florida and got jazzed about working on cranes, I decided I'd better finish up the gannet painting first.

I LOVE painting rocks. It had been awhile since I'd worked on any so I had to get my rock groove back on, but once I got going it was like riding a bicycle.

And I love how the expanse of blue sky balances with the busy rocks.

All in all, I think it came out well so I'm a happy-pappy.

Now I have to choose which crane I want to paint. Or a blackbird. I got a nice blackbird shot too. Decisions, decisions. And since Magoo is headed off to camp for two-weeks, I'll actually have some time to get some painting done. (That's why I'm cleaning my studio today.)

Have a great weekend, everyone!



3 comments:

Ă„iti said...

Gorgeous. At first glance I thought it was a photo!

Angela said...

That painting is spectacular. I love it-the composition, the light and darks, the sky and of course the rock. You are the Rock Queen!

Julie_c said...

Thanks guys!