Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Esmerelda

There is an author/illustrator named Aaron Zenz who created a blog to feature the artwork of his talented children. It's called Chicken Nugget Lemon Tooty. Once, a couple years ago, he invited other artists to re-interpret his kids' art. I must have read about it on someone else's blog and thought it sounded like a fun idea. So I found a lovely bird drawing by one of his daughters and turned it into a collage.

Go here and see what other artists came up with.

Well, Chicken Nugget Lemon Tootie is celebrating it's Five Year Anniversary - so I got an email from Mr. Zenz asking if I wanted to play again.

Yes, indeedy, I do.

Here is the drawing I chose.

It's called Wabbit and it's by his daughter, Gracie.

And here's my interpretation:


I decided to give the rabbit a girl. As I was making the girl, she started to speak to me. Turns out, her name is Esmerelda and she loves it when things go wrong. As I was putting this collage together, all these little story ideas started weaving their way into my mind and I now think I have a new idea to write up.

Time can only tell where it all leads - but I think little Esmerelda and I are going to have a lot of fun together.

The blog post on Chicken Nugget Lemon Tootie isn't up yet. I'll let you know when it is. I'm sure it will be a blast to check out what everyone's done!

Happy Tuesday everyone!



3 comments:

Z-Kids said...

I love the story idea this sparked! Yea Esmerelda! And a wonderful image too!
- AZ

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much. I think I may have discovered a cure to writer's block - Chicken Nugget Lemon Tooty!

Angela said...

That is awesome. I love it!