Monday, September 12, 2011

Brown Owl



This is my third bird collage.  I thought the feathers of the owl would look really good in collage, so I was sort of excited about doing it.  It turned out to be a bit of a challenge, though, getting the feathers just right.  I made all sorts of papers - watercolor here and spattering there - that sort of thing.  But once I figured the wing out the rest of it came together.

In other news, the giant branches in my back yard are now gone.  The very friendly tree guy came by this morning and - chop, chop, chop - made it all go away.

See all this sun?  This is all new.  There was a big bush by the side of the house and a tree that went between my house and the neighbor's house.  It was kinda nice.  I felt like I was walking through a secret door of greenery to my backyard.




But maybe now I can grow some grass back there.  I'll definitely have to rethink the landscaping.

 

Here's the extra wood.  Good to have, but maybe not to keep by the tire swing.  I guess I have a task for this afternoon, eh?

4 comments:

SjU said...

I love the sunshine and the owl. His eyes are staring right through me.

Angela said...

Glad the tree is out. Loving that owl. Helena would fall over at the sight of that picture. She loves owls.

Heather said...

You know how I feel about owls! Glad the back yard is cleared up :)

Julie_c said...

Thanks for the Owl Love. Mike is being a good lumberjack and chopping all the wood up now.