Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Deathly Hallows Beret



When I finished my shrug, I found myself on a bit of a knitting high.  I think part of it was due to feeling proud of that project and the other part is that I like to have new clothes.  It's knida an extra bonus when I'm able to craft something for myself because then I still get to have something new but I don't have to feel like a greedy consumer.

I decided that I needed a black beret to go with some of my autumn/winter wear and I found this pattern on Ravelry.  It was inspired by the beret that Hermione wears in The Deathly Hallows.  (See above.)

You can't see the texture as well in my version - the profile (below) offers a better shot at that.


This knit up super fast for me, mainly because I had a wee cold and sat on the couch for hours knitting and having a Sons of Anarchy TV marathon.  (LOVE that show!)  Maybe I should call this my Sons of Anarchy beret?  

Anyway - I'm pleased with how it turned out and when I wear it Michael can pretend he's married to a French woman.  Oo la la.

If you are a member of Ravelry, you can find this project here along with the yarn, needles, pattern, etc.

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Äiti said...

Love SOA too! Quick knits are nice. Looks great on you!

Chicklebee said...

Beautiful!!!! Totally inspired! I have some beautiful soft sea green (reminds me of seaweed) alpacca that I keep starting projects with and then ripping out (cuz it's just not right). Have been wanting to make a beret for years and NOW I think I have the perfect project to go with my green alpacca!!! Can't wait to get started!!!!

Wish I was there to knit with you :-( Why didn't you start this obsession sooner!!!

Julie_c said...

Oooo - send me a pic when you're done. The green sounds awesome!

Re: Obsession. It took Heather about a year of nagging before she wore me down.

Angela said...

Awesome, you look totally French and chic! I think I'll put this on my list.

Julie_c said...

Thanks Ang. It was a fun & easy knit. I'm thinking I'll make another one.