Friday, September 16, 2011

Evening Shrug



Just in time for the cool snap - I have finished the shrug I was working on.  I used the pattern, Evening Shrug, from the PurlBee site and Madelinetosh yarn in Cove.  My yarn-pusher/friend Heather talked me into the pricey Madelinetosh yarn (the most expensive I have used so far) but I think it was worth it.  The colors are lovely: blues, greys, greens, and bits of brown.  And the feel is lush.

It's actually too chilly this morning to wear it - but I think I'll strut around in it this weekend when the bite is gone.

Here's the back.


And the detail on the sleeves.  This is also a better shot of the colors in the yarn.


Now that it's cooling off I'm kinda in a knitting frenzy.  I'm working on a black beret for me and a scarf for Mike.  I had made him a scarf last year.  It was my very first knitting project.  And because I was a beginner I used cheap yarn.  Therefore, it is not soft and Mike doesn't want to wear it.  I can't really blame it.  So I bought some Misti Alpaca which is very soft and hopefully this one will keep him warm and cozy.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Äiti said...

Nice! I bought my first skein of Madelinetosh this year, haven't used it yet...haven't knit a stitch in ages... Misti Alpaca is a wonderful yarn I've used a few times.

Julie_c said...

I bet you'll really enjoy the Madelinetosh. I'll definitely use it again if on something special. My knitting waxes and wanes. But I've had a cold so I've been trying to take it easy on the couch, so I watch TV and knit.

Angela said...

Love the shrug! You are a knitting fiend. I had faith that Heather would turn you on the yarn price issue. It's totally worth it!!