Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wink Won an Award!


I received a most wonderful surprise in the mail the other day - a plaque!

As if I didn't love Texas enough (b/c of Friday Night Lights "Texas Forever!") the good children of Round Rock ISD (Independant School District) voted Wink the Ninja Who Wanted to Be Noticed the Armadillo Reader's Choice Book of 2011!!!

I am thrilled, delighted, honored - the works.

As Wink would say "Yahoo!"

There are so many great aspects of being a writer/illustrator for children, but the best has to be knowing that kids love my book and my little ninja.  Every time a person tells me that their child loves Wink, or dressed as Wink for Halloween, or did a book report of Wink - I gush.  It's the best!

So THANK YOU Round Rock ISD!  I will find a special place for my plaque and every time I look at it, I will think, Go Texas!

2 comments:

Angela said...

That is awesome!! CONGRATULATIONS! So super cool!! :)

I'm Jon, just a guy. I try to smell good. said...

Congrats!!!