Monday, October 24, 2011

Pirates and Rockin' Out


I ran an errand yesterday morning and when I returned, Magoo had turned his bed into a pirate ship.  (With help from Mike.)  Isn't this the BEST?!  It reminds me of a Norman Rockwell-type scene.  Just a boy, his bed, and his imagination.  We tried to find some of his pirate costuming, but he - like his mother and father- is not the neatest of boys.  So the best we could so was locate a pop gun and a small spyglass.

In other news:

The karaoke party went off very well.  Our neighbor's son, Jon, made some KICK-BUTT guacamole!  Then we ordered Pizza from my favorite place in town, Jimmy's, then I made a dark chocolate cake with raspberry sauce.

Eat Until Your Gut Explodes - check.

I keep the karaoke parties kinda small.  I've found that it's important that all members of the party be
A.) willing to sing and
B.) comfortable with each other.
Otherwise, it's just me singing and no one else wants the mic.  Oh, alcohol helps too.

Even the kids got in on it.  Magoo can sing a pretty good Whoolly Bully.


(Sorry - it's dark.)

Lady Gaga got a lot of play that night.  I had a new Katy Perry disc and sang Waking Up in Vegas and my neighbor belted out Firework.  Of course, when it's a popular group song - usually the whole gang chimes in.  Mike did a very nice version of the Kinks' Waterloo Sunset.  Toward the end, as a group number, we put on Bohemian Rhapsody.  It was about this time that Mo came downstairs to see what we were up to, and was quite upset by the lyrics.

Mama, 
Just killed a man,
put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger,
now he's dead

Yanno, the sad stuff at the beginning before it starts rocking.

So I brought him into the computer room and showed him the Muppets version on YouTube.  If you haven't see it and you enjoy the Muppets, check it out here.

He perked up then.

Hope you all had a great weekend.  It's getting CHILLY 'round these parts.  We might have to turn the heat on soon!  Brrrrr.




2 comments:

Imene said...

I love love when my boys show their creative side be it in play or art. And a pirate such a lovely way to spend time!

Julie_c said...

Yar, indeed it is!