Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Friend Flicker


Hi all!

Sorry I haven't blogged this week.  (My mother called to find out if I was OK.)  Yes, I'm fine.  Just busy.

It occurred to me the other day that the Open Studio Weekend art show is only a month away.

A month!  Zoinks!

I'm in good shape, but there are still paintings to frame, prints to make, mats to cut, cards to bundle, postcards to make, and I have to keep emailing the co-ordinator to find out my hall location to put on my promotional materials.  Let's just say, I haven't found out where I'll be just yet.

On top of that, all my sketches for the next picture book have been approved so I'm in full-on illustration mode.  It's awesome - but time consuming - but good time consuming.

And then there are the smaller projects: Magoo's Halloween costume, knitting a baby sweater, returning cable boxes to Comcast (surprisingly time consuming), groceries, cleaning, birthday gifts, birthday cards, and yadda, yadda, yadda.

I will try to keep things flowing on the blog - but if I'm gone a few days, know that I'm not trapped under a furnace in my basement - I'm just busy cutting, pasting, and all that jazz.

In other news:  A new bird friend came to visit yesterday.  Check out that awesome red triangle on the back of the neck!  Stunning!  This is a Northern Flicker.  My father-in-law said as the weather changes and the birds migrate I might see some new birds on the beat.  I'm sure this is all very boring for you, my loyal blog readers, but I have to confess that I get pretty psyched when a new bird comes along to visit.  (Fortunately I keep my camera right by the window.)

Happy Thursday everyone!






1 comment:

Angela said...

No need to apologize. I am going to start laying low to my own self. I am so excited about your next book! Hey do you want to go out for your berfday?