Thursday, October 6, 2011

Picture Day


Today is picture day and Magoo is looking swank.  Last year was the first year he decided that he wanted to wear a tie to school pictures and I was totally unprepared for it.  Luckily, I had a tie and a dress shirt.  But I had to run around like a crazed chicken trying to find all the pieces and iron them and whatnot.  But when Magoo got to school I think all the teachers and aides made such a fuss about how nice he looked and he dug all the attention.

This year I was ready for it.  We had been given a couple ties from our neighbor next door who had outgrown them.  They're zipper ties - do you know about these?  You slip the tie over the boys head and zip it into position.  Whoever invented this is a genius!

I did have to go out and buy a dress shirt at Sears.  Normally I would hit the Salvation Army for something like this, but there was a crazy traffic back-up on the way and I couldn't be sure they would even have something in Magoo's size, so I decided to go new.

And yesterday Magoo got a new haircut - so he's looking very dapper.  I think he knows it too.  He didn't even give me grief when I asked him to pose for the photo.  (You just never know how the school photos will go, so I thought I'd better get my own shot of how handsome he looks.)

School Photos: 9.50
Shirt : 20.00
Haircut: 20.00
Magoo Rockin' Business Casual:  Priceless

4 comments:

Äiti said...

Wow, dude looks sharp!

Julie_c said...

Thanks. Maybe he'll be a male model! ;)

Angela said...

Very cute!

Chicklebee said...

Cuz every girls crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!!!