Friday, October 14, 2011

Prepping for Open Studio Weekend



As I mentioned in the last post, I'm getting ready for my art show at Open Studio Weekend in Hartford, Nov 12 & 13th.  Yesterday's big project was getting all my bird watercolors matted and framed.  I like to prop things up after I frame them and just enjoy them for a bit before I wrap them in plastic and box them up.  Looks like Java was enjoying them too.  She's very sophisticated, you know.

I decided to makes some beaded origami cranes as well.  


Originally I was going to put them on branches in a vase, like I do in my home.  But I decided that I rarely have enough table space as it is, so I made a wall display from branches instead.

And I'll have some postcard options this year.


I love postcards.  I rarely send them out.  I just like to tape them up to walls like mini-art.  And I think that when people come to a big art show like this, they want to walk away with something.  Not everyone can afford a $200 painting, but most people don't mind plunking down a dollar for a postcard.

Today's goal:  make and mat some prints.

Have a great weekend everyone!  If you're in the West Hartford area, I will be doing a reading/signing at a fun event: H'Art of Art.  It's being held in West Hartford Center from 11-4 and will have all sorts of fun activities for the kiddos.  I'll be reading at 3pm.  Here's a link for more info.


1 comment:

Angela said...

I am enjoying those bird paintings too!