Monday, October 17, 2011

Rose's Berry Farm 2011



One of our favorite yearly traditions is waiting until a beautiful crisp day in October rolls around and hitting Rose's Berry Farm to pick pumpkins, run the corn maze, eat apple donuts, and run around.  And this year did not disappoint.

I'm the only one who can eat the donuts.  And since I usually don't eat donuts at all - this is quite a treat.
But don't worry.  I always pack a snack for Cam. 



Here the boys are - all ready to get lost in the corn maze.


I can remember when Magoo was so little I would get nervous letting him run around a corn maze for fear that he'd get lost.  He's old enough now that I can just let him go crazy.  Of course, the rain did a number on the corn.  It was all dried out and low.  NOT pretty.  But the boys didn't care.  And the weird/nice thing about low corn is that you can totally find your kid in it even if he's on the other side of the maze.


One of the nicest things about Rose's is that they have a playground.  Someone was thinking.  After pumpkin hunting, after corn mazing, after donut eating, parents can have a seat on some of the many lawn chairs and let the kids run their ya-ya's out.  They have long tubes, tricycles, see-saw's, and a big slide on the side of a hill.




I know this is one of Magoo's favorite things to do each year.  Mine too.  And we had a gorgeous day for it.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!



1 comment:

Heather said...

One of my favorite traditions as well :)