Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Halloween That Wasn't












On the Saturday morning of the snow storm - pre-snow - I thought it wise to dress Magoo up in his Halloween costume and get some shots.  Man, was I ever right about that one!

Magoo asked to be a frilled lizard this year.  Once again, I made the mask out of cardboard, wire, and paper mache'.  The costume is basically a green sweat suit that I painted.  And I sewed a tail and hood.  We took the shots in front of our neighbor's bush - which turns such a beautiful shade of red in the autumn.  (That sucker got completely crushed, but it seems like it's going to be OK.)

At least Magoo got to trick-o-treat a little at his Gramma's house.  She lives in a rural community, so he only hit a few houses.  And despite not being able to eat any of the candy - he still likes to go around, show off his costume, and take treats (for which he exchanges for cash. Except for the dark chocolate, which Mama eats.  Ooooo yeah.)

Sadly, the jack-o-lantern I carved got no love.  It didn't sit on a step.  Apart from taking this photo, it never was illuminated. 


It's currently on the back porch, rotting.  And this reminds me that I need to haul it out to the garbage today.

Sorry Pumpkin Mario.  At least I got a picture.

As for the frilled lizard - maybe you'll see him next year.

3 comments:

The Crafty Angel (aka Manicured/Headacheslayer) said...

My son LOVES this costume, so thanks for the photos and tips! I'm sorry he didn't get to wear it :( The great thing about boys/costumes--they do love to wear them over and over (and even when it's not halloween!)

Your pumpkin is awesome! I used to love carving them until I got arthritis. And in FL it's sometimes so warm they don't last long. I keep saying I'm going to get a fake one and carve it...maybe I'll do that this year ;)

Sky said...

My 5 year old said he wanted to be a lizard this Halloween and sat over my shoulder a week or so ago as we Googled images of lizard costumes. He can't even get over this one! So glad to have found such a rockin' inspiration image- what a great job you did! I had guessed it was paper mache- hope I can even come close to doing ours like this! Hope this year finds you more snow-free :) Have an awesome week!

Sky said...

My 5 year old said he wanted to be a lizard this Halloween and sat over my shoulder a week or so ago as we Googled images of lizard costumes. He can't even get over this one! So glad to have found such a rockin' inspiration image- what a great job you did! I had guessed it was paper mache- hope I can even come close to doing ours like this! Hope this year finds you more snow-free :) Have an awesome week!