Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Knit Along: Fingerless Coffee Mitts

It's Wednesday, so I'm joining Ginny's Yarn Along.


I finished my Fingerless Coffee Mitts!  (Pattern here.) What a fun, fun project - and BIG THANKS to Heather for gifting me the lovely Erin Wool Heritage Yarn in Glazed Pecan that sent me to Ravelry to find something fun to make.

I will admit: the thumb scared me a bit.  I will also admit: I did not rock the thumbs.  They are OK.  Not awesome.  Picking those stitches up was a little tough.


I lovelovelove the straps and the buttons though.  Talk about a wonderfully easy way to make something POP!  The straps really make me seem like a hard-core knitter when it's just a simple seed stitch.

Here they are in action:


As for my reading: I just started SAVVY by Ingrid Law.  It's a Nutmeg nominee in these here parts - which means it's supposed to be pretty darn good.  I've heard good things about it.  I'm only on page 14 so it's too soon to tell if it's going to hook me or not.

We shall see.

Have a great Wednesday!

8 comments:

Mama Gone Green said...

they look great!

Swanski said...

I love the wrist strap and they look fantastic on a model :)

Anke said...

I really like your fingerless mitts, the strap does add a nice and "fancy" touch to them.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

Those are the greatest mitts! Lovely color with the best yarn name too...

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much, everyone!

Angela said...

Loverly! I love those buttons!

Lori ann said...

so cute, they look awesome.

(lia) said...

love them