Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Knit Along: Fingerless Mitts


It's Wednesday, so I'm joining Ginny at Small Things for her knit along.  I finished the baby sweater last week (below) so I pulled out the lovely Madelinetosh Erin wool in glazed pecan that Heather gave me for my birthday and got started on some Optimistic Mitts.  (The last photo on the post shows what the finished product should look like.)


I'm reading Maggie Steifvater's The Scorpio Races.  I'm a big fan of Ms. Stiefvater's.  I loved the Shiver series!  So I treated myself to her newest book as a birthday gift from myself.  I haven't had a ton of time to either read or knit lately, but I'm working it in when I can.  At some point, I am sure, the book will hook me hard and I'll do nothing but read until I'm finished.  That's usually what happens.

Optimistic Mitts, pattern available on Ravelry

And I think once I get going on the mitts, they will knit up quickly as well.  (I'm not looking forward to the thumbs though.  Fortunately, they aren't long.)

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

5 comments:

Äiti said...

Julie, the sweater is beautiful! And what lovely yarn for your fingerless mitts. Have you selected buttons yet?

Swanski said...

Love your mitts! The strap and button detail are great.

Julie_c said...

Thanks Swanski. I couldn't agree more - those mitts are great - they're just not my mitts. The blue mitts are the ones from the pattern. I just posted it so you all could see what I was striving for.

Shirl - I have selected buttons, but they are in the depths of my sewing basket right now. I'll post a pic when the mitts are done - buttons and all.

Becks said...

The baby jumper is lovely, the colours are great. Nice gloves, hope you got started by now...
xx

(lia) said...

That sweater is so cute. I love the beach-y colors.