Saturday, December 31, 2011

Magoo's 9th Birthday



Yesterday was Magoo's 9th birthday.  He requested a honey cake - so a honey cake he got.
I can't make colorful sugary frosting or decorate with candy, so one of the more recent traditions has been to make a candle holder character of Magoo's choice.  Last year he wanted Ruff Ruffman.  This year he asked for a character from the game Skylander.  I believe this fellow's name is Stump Smash.

I was pretty busy in the morning: making the cake, cleaning, decorating, and taking Magoo to Toys R Us so he could use his gift card.  I would like to brag that Magoo opted to put all the money that he received in his bank account, even though I told him he could have some fun money too.  

"I want to have a good savings account," he replied.

Then, in the afternoon, I took Magoo, Curly, and Mo to Nomad's Adventure Quest which is the BIGGEST arcade I've ever been in.  There are games (of course) but this place also houses a rock climbing wall, bumper cars, a spinning ride, a full-sized baskeball court, a indoor jungle gym, glow-in-the-dark putt putt, a bowling alley, and a laser tag arena.

It's just a wee bit stimulating.



Lucky man Curly hit the 1000 tickets on the Fisherman Game.  OH THE JOY!  No child on Christmas morning has ever beamed like that boy beamed when tickets came pouring out of that machine.


After about 90 minutes in the arcade, the boys finished up their visit with a run around in the laser tag room.  Heather and I sat out so I don't know what goes on in there, but all three boys came out exhilarated and sweating like hogs.

Here's Magoo, back at home, in front of one of our other birthday traditions: the timeline.  


I don't remember how this started, but I did it a few years ago and he LOVED it.  Last year I hadn't intended on putting one up, but then Magoo asked about it so I had to whip one out post haste.  Then I wised up.  Now I pull it all down carefully and tuck it away in a folder.  So next year I'll just have to cut one number out of construction paper and print one photo.


My wish for Magoo was that he had a wonderful birthday.  At night, when I asked him how it went, he said he had an awesome day.

Wish granted.

Thanks to all the friends and family who sent gifts to Magoo.  He loved them all and the thank-you cards will me manufactured today!

1 comment:

Ă„iti said...

Yay, sounds wonderful!