Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011



It's December 26th.  For me, it means one BIG celebration is over (Christmas) and one smaller celebration has yet to be planned (Magoo's 9th birthday.)

But before I move on I'll share some scenes from the holiday season.  Let's go clockwise from the top, left, shall we?

Java looking out a window decorated with paper snowflakes.
Magoo still loves to make a gingerbread house, even if he can't eat it.
My sis-in-laws, bro-in-law and dog-in-law at the dinner table - post-eating.  Look at my pretty new tablecloth!  (I didn't take a picture of it, but I made a lovely pork loin roast based on my friend Heather's recipe.  It was great, Heather!  Thanks!)
Magoo and Java in matching Santa hats.  Java LOVES it!  Can't you tell?
I made Java her own stocking this year.
A cashmere bunny I made for my niece.
Mary and Pat getting down with Just Dace 3 on the Wii.
Ornaments on the tree.  (I read a blog post about capturing Christmas lights.  I don't think I mastered it, but it was fun trying.)

Magoo got his very own camera from Gramma - OH was he excited!  Here are a few Magoo-shots:

The family at the dinner table.

Java smiles for the camera.

Java playfully swipes.


Magoo also got a book, Cool Robots, which inspires kids to make robots out of the bins and bins of Legos they have around the house.  This is the one Magoo made.  He also took the photograph using my lightbox.

Now we're thinking we might have to make another stop-motion movie featuring Lego robots.  Good thing we're on break!

I hope you all had a LOVELY holiday and wishing you all the best in 2012!!!



1 comment:

Angela said...

Awesome book recommendation. Magoo took some cool shots-love the lightbox photo too. I think I'll have to get that book for Elijah.