Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Knit Along: Gaptastic Cowl

It's Wednesday, so I'm joining the ranks of Ginny's Yarn Along.

One of my first knitting projects (about this time last year) was the Gap-tastic Cowl.  The designer had been to the Gap and had seen a cowl she really liked, so she reproduced it and shared the pattern on Ravelry.
  

I liked the one I made, but at the time I was still a beginner and using cheap yarn.  So it's not super soft against the delicate skin of my neck.  So I thought I'd make a new one with luscious Malabrigo chunky in BUTTER.


The only thing I've altered from the pattern is the needle size.  The Malabrigo chunky is thinner than the chunky I used before and when I did a swatch on the US13 needles I had previously used - it was very loose - and not in a good way.  So I purchased a pair of US10.5 and they are working out just fine.

I'm still reading Savvy.  I should have finished it by now but I've been super busy and haven't been reading a lot.  It's cute but I'm not hooked yet.

4 comments:

ericaceae said...

That cowl looks perfect for winter, and the yarn is one of my favorites!

Angela said...

Oh malabrigo chunky-now there is a new habit to start. The cowl looks wonderful!

a soulful life said...

I can see the softness of that yarn in the photo. Perfect for a cowl!

marienzara said...

Thank you so much for this! Thanks to your post I discovered the Malabrigo brand and I'm completely hooked. I never knew wool could be so soft! I haven't managed to find the chunky version yet but I will continue searching, so far I've only found the lace version. Thanks again!