Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Next Richard Avedon


On December 26th, Magoo was all excited to go out and shoot some photographs with his new camera, so we went to Elizabeth Park.

He practiced getting low and on the same plane as the subject...


He practiced taking shots from unusual angles...


He got some extreme close-ups...


And I showed him how to use the self-timer...


I remember getting my first camera.  It was one of those thin, wide ones that took the film shaped kinda like a peanut - yanno what I mean?  I can't remember what they were called and I just did an internet search and I couldn't find it.  (How can you NOT find something on the internet?!?!?)  But I remember thinking I was pretty hot stuff with my own camera.  I think he's having a bit of that emotion.  When we were at the park, Magoo was snapping away and a dad passes by and asked if Magoo got that camera for Christmas.  Magoo was pretty pleased with the attention.

The challenge for me is trying not to "over-teach" him.  I want to give him a few pointers, but mostly I want him to enjoy it.  Which means hands-off for this control-freak mama.

So far, so good.  He's taken it out the last two days.

Thanks again, Gramma, for the great gift!


1 comment:

Angela said...

He took some awesome shots! My first camera was a little brown Kodak. Too bad they don't still have those.