Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Yarn Along: Socks

It's Wednesday, so I'm joining the gang at Small Things for Yarn Along.


 It's exciting and daunting and I think it's going to take me a loooong time, but I am finally trying to knit a pair of socks!   I got a great, simple pattern from Ravelry that called for DK yarn, but when I went to WEBS, I was a little overwhelmed and although I started in DK, the saleslady walked me over to the sock yarn when she found out what I was making (I should have been more specific) and I ended up getting very thin sock yarn.  So, it's going to take me forever.  

But that's OK.  I might have to get a couple different projects going so I don't go sock-crazy-mad.  We'll see.

I just started reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.  This is a book that has been on my shelf for a couple years.  My mother-in-law lent it to me.  But it never whispered, "Read me next."  So I didn't.  But I've been seeing it pop up of peoples BEST lists or books that might get made into movies and whatnot, so I thought the time is now!  I'm only about 40 pages into it, but it's picking up.

I finished the Gap-tastic cowl.  I LOVE it!  Here are my notes on Ravelry.

 

3 comments:

www.theevolvinghomemaker.com said...

the cowl looks great! i am in the same boat. a bit to afraid to move on to socks...more than two needles? i am not sure i can handle it. lol. good luck! i have yarn and needles picked out, just to weary to begin!

:)
jen

angelica said...

I just added that book to my cart on Audible. Maybe I'll actually wind up buying it!

Angela said...

Oh your cowl is lurvely!