Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Knit Along: Mitts


You know what's nice about Wednesdays?  I know exactly what to blog about because I'm usually knitting something and I can just join in Ginny's Yarn Along on Small Things.

What I'm working on now:  A certain friend is having a birthday soon and I thought a charming pair of fingerless mitts might tickle her fancy.

Besides - I still really love mine.  I'm using a worsted Malabrigo (Twist) in color: Burgundy.

So far so good.  I just put in the opening for the thumb.  I'm sure I'll have at least one done by next week.

I just started reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and it's gooooood.  I had to abandon lasts week's book, Star Crossed, b/c the celestial world building kept getting in the way of the story.  It was making me nuts.  I mean, it was a fine book.  It's wasn't horrible or anything.  And I LOVED that author's last book, A Curse Dark as Gold.  But Star Crossed wasn't doing it for me and if I'm not invested in the story by page 70 or so, then I just take it back to the library.  I want to read things that excite me.

Since I only just started The Night Circus - I can't speak on it too much.  But it's mysterious and a little sinister.  Julie like!

What I finished:  my Casu Cowl.  YAY!


I kid you not, I had about 6 inches of yarn left over when I was done.  I learned how to cast-on in a way that keeps the stitches live (I didn't love that process) and I learned the Kitchener stitch (which I didn't have a problem with.)

New cowl!  New cowl!  I love a new cowl!
  

3 comments:

Angela said...

"stitches live"? What do you mean? I have never heard of such. That cowl looks awesome, and the book sound pretty darn cool too!

Allison said...

Your cowl looks great! I just finished my first cowl and had to learn the provisional cast on. It was really neat, but the kitchener stitch was time-consuming for me.

I'm going to have to check out Night Circus. My sister keeps recommending it, too.

Swanski said...

Love the way the cowl turned out! It is in a fabulous color too :)