Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Photography: Windows


I read this blog post about photographing windows and it got me thinking about the window photos in my repertoire.

This shot was taken in the courtyard of the Eric Carle Museum.  It was a gorgeous day and the the big door/window had the a fabulous reflection that I thought looked cool against the simple white walls.



What cat doesn't loving basking in the sunlight?  One of Java's favorite spots is peering out the big picture window.  I have a few different photographs of her in similar poses, but I like this one the best because the light is so bright it has drown out all the details of the window and is threatening to smother her in its glow.



One Thanksgiving morning, several years ago, it snowed.  This was a first snow of the season and Magoo was little enough that he probably didn't remember the previous year's snow all that well, so this was like magic to him.  Delight through a window pane.


Just this last weekend I snapped this shot of the hall window in Charlie's Vermont house.  I was attracted by the sun coming in the windows both upstairs and downstairs and all the lights and darks created by that.



Since reading that post, I know I'll be looking for other window opportunities when snapping shots, but it seems I was already drawn to windows as photographic inspiration.

3 comments:

Ă„iti said...

...eyes to the artistic soul :-)

ella@lifeologia said...

beautiful shots.
I don't often look at a window as a subject when I shoot - I am inspired to look differently now...
xo

Julie_c said...

Thanks so much.